[Aide] AIDE development

Richard van den Berg richard at vdberg.org
Sun Feb 20 09:58:37 EET 2005

Vlada Macek wrote:
> I'm choosing the IDS tool for my servers these days and I was
> recommended Aide. I also like the features from the first sight. What
> confused me a bit is the age of last release, Nov 2003. I feel it's a
> bit unusual for an OSS project to be in such state. It can be either
> abandoned or believed to be featureful and bugless by the developers.

Aide development is certainly not abandoned. I've been using aide 0.10
dayly without any problems since it's release. There are users that have
reported small issues, and they have been fixed in the CVS version. A
new version (perhaps 1.0) is due, and should be released soon.

If you experience problems with aide 0.10, please try the CVS version.
If the problem persists, please report it on sf.net using the available
tools.

Sincerely,

Richard van den Berg