[Aide] AIDE development

Bob Proulx bob at proulx.com
Sun Feb 20 09:58:17 EET 2005

Vlada Macek wrote:
> I'm choosing the IDS tool for my servers these days and I was
> recommended Aide.  I also like the features from the first sight.

I also recommend aide.  Note that I am only a user and not one of the
developers.

> What confused me a bit is the age of last release, Nov 2003. I feel
> it's a bit unusual for an OSS project to be in such state.

Aide is not quite a program as involved as emacs nor as feature-full
as rsync.  But it does its job quite well.  Changes come when there is
both an itch to scratch and the time and motivation to scratch the
itches.

> It can be either abandoned or believed to be featureful and bugless
> by the developers.  The latter case would be a great information for
> me, I just wished to ask for it...

I consider it to be quite useful.  It works.  I like it better than
any of the alternatives that are available so far.

Bob