[Aide] aide reporting directory changes even if not configured to

Marc Haber mh+aide at zugschlus.de
Sun Dec 11 19:04:23 EET 2005

On Wed, Dec 07, 2005 at 08:44:35PM +0200, Virolainen Pablo wrote:
> On Wed, 7 Dec 2005, Marc Haber wrote:
> >> I thaught you wanted to change the semantic to be like that.
> > Probably, yes. At the moment, the semantics don't seem to be defined
> > in the man page, so it would be a probable start to say whether we are
> > going for a first match or a last match. The examples in aide.conf(5)
> > suggest a first-match approach.
>
> The man page doesn't say anything about the semantics. For the config file
> semantic one should read aide/doc/manual.html (which propably lacks tons
> of usable and needed information. Specially inode thing should be
> described somewhere).

I'm going to try improving the docs.

> Line number of config file. One needs to remember that the line number
> (should at least) is line counter... So if you define -A "something", it
> affects the printed number.

Maybe it would be a good idea to have the line numbers read from the
config file constant. Directives added from the command line could
then get negative line numbers.

> The patch might be usefull for debugging aide config files. I don't know
> if it should be added to CVS. I made it to understand how your rules are
> handled.
>
> Richard, Marc (and others) do you think the patch should be added to CVS?

If the patch can be of general help (probably fixing Debian bug
#289174 in the process), I am all for having it included to CVS.

Greetings
Marc