[Aide] aide reporting directory changes even if not configured to

Virolainen Pablo pablo at cs.tut.fi
Wed Dec 7 20:44:35 EET 2005

On Wed, 7 Dec 2005, Marc Haber wrote:

>> I thaught you wanted to change the semantic to be like that.
>
> Probably, yes. At the moment, the semantics don't seem to be defined
> in the man page, so it would be a probable start to say whether we are
> going for a first match or a last match. The examples in aide.conf(5)
> suggest a first-match approach.

The man page doesn't say anything about the semantics. For the config file
semantic one should read aide/doc/manual.html (which propably lacks tons
of usable and needed information. Specially inode thing should be
described somewhere).

What I would like to have in aide? Calculating hash sums for content of
gzipped data (could be usefull when log files are compressed).

>> For the patch, you should get something like following
>>
>> dump of the tree entries with data attachet to it. Data has line number,
>> type (like in config file) and the regexp.
>
> Line number of the config file?
>
> Do you suggest having that patch added to CVS, or is that only
> temporary for my convenience?

Line number of config file. One needs to remember that the line number
(should at least) is line counter... So if you define -A "something", it
affects the printed number.

The patch might be usefull for debugging aide config files. I don't know
if it should be added to CVS. I made it to understand how your rules are
handled.

Richard, Marc (and others) do you think the patch should be added to CVS?

Duke NEMO / C.O.M.A
alias pablo the pallo virolainen