[Aide] aide reporting directory changes even if not configured to

Marc Haber mh+aide at zugschlus.de
Wed Dec 7 20:27:17 EET 2005

On Wed, Dec 07, 2005 at 09:43:39AM +0200, Virolainen Pablo wrote:
> On Wed, 7 Dec 2005, Marc Haber wrote:

> >>Well, I changed verbosity level to get debug messages (and added some
> >>debug messages).
> >
> >Can you give a patch for these debug messages? I think it would be
> >extremely handy to see which and how rules are considered.
>
> >That is a complete replacement for the gen_list.c function, and from
> >what I see, it reverses from a first-match to a last-match approach by
> >comparing the regexp list starting from the last node?
>
> I thaught you wanted to change the semantic to be like that.

Probably, yes. At the moment, the semantics don't seem to be defined
in the man page, so it would be a probable start to say whether we are
going for a first match or a last match. The examples in aide.conf(5)
suggest a first-match approach.

> For the patch, you should get something like following
>
> dump of the tree entries with data attachet to it. Data has line number,
> type (like in config file) and the regexp.

Line number of the config file?

Do you suggest having that patch added to CVS, or is that only
temporary for my convenience?

Greetings
Marc