[Aide] Aide - Clamav integration

Miner, Jonathan W (CSC) (US SSA) jonathan.w.miner at baesystems.com
Wed Dec 7 15:07:06 EET 2005

I question the logic of only scanning files that Aide reports as changed... what happens with the virus definitions changes; at that point you should be scanning all the files.

Ideally, the AV software should maintain a database of which files were scanned with which version of the definitions.  Then any time either the definitions or the files change, then scanning whould be performed.