[Aide] aide reporting directory changes even if not configured to

Marc Haber mh+aide at zugschlus.de
Mon Dec 5 12:08:51 EET 2005

On Mon, Dec 05, 2005 at 10:53:32AM +0100, Richard van den Berg wrote:
> Virolainen Pablo wrote:
> > with following config file the problem doesn't exist any more. The problem
> > is that aide matches to "@@{ROOTDIR}/var/ Binlib" rule and not to
> > "@@{ROOTDIR}/var/backups$ StaticDir".
>
> Can you explain this behaviour? I thought aide uses a "last match"
> algorithm. I'm pretty sure it does not use a "best match". And using a
> "first match" algorithm makes little since when your first rule is /

Additionally, the Exclude-include Gymastics that I do in my example is
necessary when /var is a symlink.

I'm going to submit an example for that as soon as possible, but
cannot promise that it'll be today.

Greetings
Marc, missing 5/6 of our Internet Bandwidth and being ridden with
unbearably high latency on the ssh session home.