[Aide] aide conf

Richard van den Berg richard at vdberg.org
Wed Aug 17 12:23:11 EEST 2005

Welf.Tiemann at Bertelsmann.de wrote:
>  /foo$    R

This will just match the file "/foo"

>  /!foo$

Negation rules should start with !, like: !/foo$

>  /!foo/.*\.log$
>  /!foo/.*/.*\.log$

Wildcards in 2nd level directory names will not cause aide to recurse.

> More strange: What if the directories name contains dots? I.e.

You simply escape the dots with a backslash.

>  /weird\.directory$    R

That should work, but it will not recurse (because of the $ at the end).
Please note that R is an alias for "p+i+n+u+g+s+m+c+md5" and has nothing
to do with recursion.

> I like to monitor the directory /foo together with it's children but
> not /foobar. But i don't want to monitor *.log files in it nor changes
> of the directory itself.

It seems you want something like this:

/foo/.* R
!/foo/.*log$
!/foobar$
!/foobar/.*

The last 2 lines are not really needed since /foo/.* does not match
/foobar at all.

Sincerely,

Richard van den Berg