[Aide] Everything "in future" :)

pbdlists at pinboard.com pbdlists at pinboard.com
Thu Apr 28 12:49:54 EEST 2005

Hello Bernd,

We see this every then and when. You won't believe how often big name
companies distribute big money applications on CD's which have been
created on systems with wrong clocks. When our admins then install these
applications from CD, they often do have these timestamps in the future.
I've also seen installations which explicitly set the version of the
software as the timestamp of the file...

You can check the various timestamps of files with ls -lc | ls -lu | ls -l
and touch also has switches to explicitly change a certain type of the
timestamp.

Cheers,

Kurt