[Aide] Weird AIDE problem

Virolainen Pablo pablo at cs.tut.fi
Mon Apr 4 09:44:46 EEST 2005

On Thu, 31 Mar 2005, John Farmer wrote:

> The file still works if you run it so I dont know really what is going
> on.  This isnt the only file that is changing.  A bunch of other binaries
> are also changing in the same way that the openssl binary is changing.
>
> ssh,ssh-keyscan,h2xs,libnetcfg,sshd,pine,autoexpect,makemap,debugfs

I wouldn't trust to the installed software anymore.

> Has anyone else seen anything like this?  I'm completely stumped.

When I was running bind8 (1999?) something similar happened. There was
all so some extra files which contained my (and some other users snooped)
username/passwords pairs. Needed to get my university account closed and
all my processes killed and home-directory restored from backup. Odie
might remember this.

Duke NEMO / C.O.M.A
alias pablo the pallo virolainen