[Aide] send email only if aidedb changes

Leon Sonntag leon at doxcelerate.com
Tue Sep 21 22:17:12 EEST 2004

I have to agree with Jonathan, "Silence in NOT always golden"  We are
actually taking a tiered approach.  As Sysadmin, I receive an email each
day saying
AIDE, version 0.10

### All files match AIDE database.  Looks okay!

And we use a wrap around script the checks number of lines output to see if
there is a problem.  If there is, email goes to a "support" alias.  This
way way, if there is a problem (and AIDE is NOT disabled!) it get immediate
attention.  If AIDE is disabled It breaks my Daily checklist.